Friday, May 13, 2011

I think it's safe to say that I completely and totally suck at blog writing. As usual, life got in the way of both writing and challenge, so I'm changing my deadline to June 30th.

A quick re-cap of what has been going on since my last post:
- I turned 31 (yikes!)
- I quit my job: as some might remember I worked in retail. For quite some time I was unhappy with it. And about a month ago, a few things happened and I got, to put it nicely, fed up with them effin with me. And now I couldn't be happier
- I bought a mountain bike and got completely addicted - this and other sports take up quite a nice chunk of my life

As far as sewing is concerned, I made two garments for my colleges. The first one was the asymmetrical top I made a few years ago.
The second was a dress I just finished and unfortunately forgot to take pics of before it went to its new owner. The dress was done in a real hurry, and, I'm ashamed to admit, it's not one of my best works. I feel really bad about giving something to someone that is not done perfectly. We had problems with fittings, since A. (the girl I made the dress for) had no understanding for my need to fit her properly and more that once. So I did the best I could under the circumstances. How did the dress fit in the end? I have no idea, since I haven't seen it on her because she had no time. Oh well, you live you learn....

As far as my challenge is concerned, I actually managed to get a few things done :) I'll modify my first post so you'll be able to see my progress. And if you have any doubts about my deadline, don't.. I can do it.

Andrea asked about my summer course in Milan. I did take it and I absolutely loved every second of it. I'll write a post about my month in Milan next time.

Until next time.... and I promise it'll be sooner than in 2 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment